Sunday 17 September 2017

Of DREAMS, FAITH and PRAYER - experience of Sahaja Yogini Saumya Rai

 Of DREAMS, FAITH and PRAYER - experience of Sahaja Yogini Saumya Rai


Of DREAMS, FAITH and PRAYER- Three times when Shri Bhairav Nath had to come to protect me.
The FIRST incident that I share today happened a few years ago. All this time I have suppressed the urge to write about it and shared it with a few friends who (perhaps) understand the degree of my surrender to Shri Mataji. But since July, I have been receiving vague signals in my meditation to share it with a larger audience. Maybe someone somewhere can benefit from these real (and extremely personal) anecdotes in some way.
Allow me to narrate the wonders of an unshakable faith.
Year 2010 (1st Experience)
THE INCIDENT-
Since I loved to talk, one of my friends asked me to take up teaching in an Institute for Spoken English during my free time. I was studying Law and liked the idea of engaging with people from different academic backgrounds. I was to take Classes for Group Discussion and encourage them to speak and shed the fear of making technical mistakes. Since I was the same age as my students, we built a good rapport and had a great time in the class.
But not all days bring the same joy.
Once, during a debate on Euthanasia, the conversation steered towards Aruna Shanbaug and the dastardly act of rape and strangling which put her in a permanent vegetative state for the rest of her life. In India, you cannot discuss Mercy Killing without mentioning her case and maybe that's how the course of the debate started to run down an ugly drain.
There was a young man in the class who started to speak about Aruna Shanbaug in a deeply disturbing and disrespectful tone and casually made a statement unbearably humiliating to the modesty and character of a woman.
'Some women look like as if they should be raped.'
The statement enraged me to the point of madness and my face failed to camouflage the disgust. (Also, I WAS not what i AM today. I was a hot blooded law student.) He was looking at me with a ridiculous sense of pride, with eyes that meant to belittle me in every way. 
 
I tried to ignore him and turned to another student but he squeaked again.
'Some flesh must be eaten raw.' 
 
(Mind you, he didn't say that in English. Translate it in the crudest Hindi possible)
Shaking with anger that if allowed to simmer could poison my soul, I pointed at the door and hissed, 'GET OUT.'
He got up, came to me and said,' you can throw me out of the class but remember, you don't live here. I see you travelling alone and Acid comes cheap. You will not see your real face again.'
Never before had I come across something so petrifying. Something that dissolved horror in my blood and I stood their like a dead piece of wood without a trace of movement.
I managed to gather myself, went to the Manager's room and reported the incident. He asked me to take a break for as long as I want. On investigation, we came to know that it was the first day of his class and that he hadn't yet submitted his form so nobody knew his name or whereabouts.
To not step out of the house was no solution. I had to attend college. I had other places to go and work to do.
I went home and sat before Shri Mataji. I had nothing to say. I just looked at Her photograph for a long time and I don't know when did I fall asleep at the base of the Altar...
*****
THE DREAM-
I find myself standing in Pratishthan, Pune and it looks like some Puja has just got over. Yogies and yoginies are walking in a line and doing a 'Parikrama' of the Pratishthan.
(I have never seen Mother's bedroom in real but in my dream it looked like this)
We went to Mother's bedroom that had a staircase adjacent to it, leading to her balcony. I see the yogies and yoginies walking up the stairs in a meditative silence. I see my mom in that queue signalling me to join the line. I am standing at the base of the staircase waiting for some uncles and aunties to go first when I suddenly see something and couldn't believe my eyes.
I see an enormously huge, dark skinned man in a martial art robe, practicing his warrior like moves without a sound. The walls under the base of stairs is painted red and his white robe is glistening against the bold red background. He is as black as the night sky and his eyes are as bright as the sun.
I look here and there and it seems as if nobody can see him except me. All yogies are looking at the belongings of Mother kept in the room and meditating upon each one of them.
None seemed to notice the horror in my eyes. None seemed to notice that tall informidable man practicing martial arts in Mother's room!
I waived at my mother alarmingly. She was already standing at the door towards the terrace. I mutely described the man with my hands but my eyes were wide open and mom could see what I mean.
She simply smiled at me and whispered from the stairs,
'Don't worry, he has come to save you.'


*****
I wake up from the dream. I am lying at Mother's feet on the altar. I run to my mom to tell her what had happened at the institute and the dream I had.
She looks at me with a smile, opens her hand in meditation and says,' Saumya, Shri Bhairav Nath is here to help you. Now you don't have to worry even a bit. He is going to take care of you.'
There was a storm of vibrations in our hands and on our Sahastrar. We knew He was there.
*****
I went to the Institute the next day with an aura of vibrations around me. I was told that that man had come looking for me in the morning batch but then he just fell down and was rushed to a clinic. He didn't come back again.

I went every day. I didn't see him again. Anywhere. It's as if he disappeared somewhere, never to return again. No trace of him.

I believe the dream I had. I believe Shri Bhairav Nath fought that man while I slept at Mother's holy feet. I believe in the miracle my life has become.

5 comments: