Wednesday 21 December 2016

Bandhan rescued sailors from drowing - Story of Chris Kyriacou

Chris Kyriacou has a story which shows how a bandhan might help save lives. 
 
‘One night I was driving along the coast near Sydney, Australia. A very fierce storm was raging, with driving rain, gale force winds and freezing temperatures. As I drove, I thought what a terrible night to be outside, and listened to the radio. A news reader announced that a yacht had been battling the winds and was trying to make it to a safe haven, however it was still a few miles from the coast. Mountainous seas had closed the port so that no rescue ship could go out to help.
 
‘I hoped the crew would be rescued, but the weather got even worse. About fifteen minutes later the news reader said the rescue helicopter could see the two crew members on the deck, but because of the winds and the huge seas it could not get close enough to winch them to safety. The helicopter returned to the shore, taking with it the men’s last hope of rescue, as the yacht was sinking. Suddenly, I realised that there was something I could do. I pulled the car over to the curb and started to place the men in a bandhan, then resumed my journey.

 Nothing more was mentioned about them on the radio. 
 
‘The following morning I was having breakfast and one of the people I lived with read a miracle story on the front page of the newspaper. As the helicopter was leaving the men on the yacht to their fate, they reported that a huge wave had swamped the vessel. They felt sure the men were finished, but to their amazement the wave picked up the men and carried them for over a kilometre to the beach, where both men had woken up safe and sound.
 
‘I related the story of the previous night and how at the moment of the sinking I had put the men into bandhan.’

No comments:

Post a Comment